Position Summary: Identify and stimulate profitable revenue growth ad opportunities within an assigned territory. Use innovative strategic selling concepts to partner with existing and prospective customers; finding ways CT resources can build their business and increase their market share
The Account Executive has the ability to generate new business:
- Achieve and/or exceed assigned budgeted territory sales goals:
- Existing accounts: Sell and maintain existing business as well as mining new opportunities within these accounts.
- New Accounts: Successfully add new accounts through sound networking, lead generating, organizational and prospecting skills.
- Develop and sell integrated/custom media programs, which include but are not limited to online, e-newsletters and print.
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of resources offered.
- Develop and cultivate account relationships with each client.
- Stay current on client’s business strategy and financial goals; properly profile new and existing accounts to identify business potential.
- Initiate and develop effective presentations and correspondence to each individual client.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans for assigned territory.
- Perform regular reporting on sales plan versus sales activity.
- Provide feedback on progress to Director and Chief Publishing Officer
- Attend conventions and make personal visits to key accounts
- Maintain up-to-date accounts and sales information for support staff and the director including accurate contact names and addresses, and sales data by issue, category and publication.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Education: College degree in Marketing or relative experience.
Knowledge/Skills: Motivated self-starter; highly organized and detail-oriented; excellent written and oral communication skills; strong consultative selling skills including solution-based sales; innovative and entrepreneurial spirit; adaptable and effective negotiator; effective, proven problem-solver; strong multi-tasking ability; moderately high math aptitude to calculate discounts.
Experience: 3+ years sales, account and client management experience with a fast paced complex customer base.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Physical Demands: while performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to handle, finger, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Usual office environment conditions
In order to be considered, download the employment application form. Please email a saved, signed copy of the application, along with a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax a copy to 630-260-0114. In order to save correctly, the application must be downloaded via Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader for free.