Editorial & Marketing Strategist
Job Title: Editorial & Marketing Strategist
FLSA Status: exempt
Department: CT Magazine
Editorial & Marketing Strategist will play a key role in CT’s editorial and marketing team, working primarily with the CT Pastors brands.
This role will be the lead editor for BuildingChurchLeaders.com, providing an entrepreneurial vision for the website and store, and working closely with the CTPastors.com editorial team to better integrate BCL resources into the CTPastors.com publishing plan.
As part of the CT marketing team, this position will also require strong instincts for improving user engagement and customer experience, through the use of effective marketing copy, design, and product presentation.
Leads editorial strategy and e-commerce development for BuildingChurchLeaders.com, and assists in marketing efforts for Christianity Today magazine, CTPastors.com, and associated verticals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Leads editorial and product development efforts for BuildingChurchLeaders.com
- Create and curate content and leadership resources to improve conversion and reach for BCL and CTPastors.com.
- Developing clear editorial categories and recommending updates to site navigation for improved user experience and discoverability
- Repackaging, re-titling, and updating existing content for greater ministry impact and discoverability, using analytics and user feedback to track effectiveness
- Develop editorial and promotional schedules to align with seasonal pain points and ministry needs
- Supervising freelance editor for BCL and CT Pastors Social Media promotion
Assists in marketing and project management for Christianity Today magazine and CTPastors.com
- Work closely with CT’s Director of Marketing to develop, implement and review promotional strategies and marketing plans for brands within the CT audience.
- Perform cost and pricing analysis for product and subscription offers, suggesting new product ideas, and planning and implementing A/B split tests to maximize revenue.
Qualifications Required (Essential for the position):
- 2-3 years marketing experience required
- Undergraduate degree required. (B.A. or B.S., marketing, journalism, and/or business administration preferred.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Able to manage multiple tasks and meet recurring deadlines in a fast-paced environment; Aptitude for creative problem solving and strong analytics skills; Knowledge of evangelical Protestant theology, church, and culture.
Qualifications Desired (Preferred by not required for the position):
- Resource-based editorial experience preferred
- E-commerce experience strongly preferred, especially use of Shopify or ASP.net storefront
- Experience using analytics software preferred, including Google Analytics or Omniture
- Experience in product/marketing design preferred, including use of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
In order to be considered, download the employment application form. Please email a saved, signed copy of the application, along with a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com; or fax a copy to 630-260-0114. In order to save correctly, the application must be downloaded via Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader for free.