Senior Advancement Officer
***An executive search firm is helping in this hiring process. If you’re interested, you can find out more about this position and apply here.
Job Title: Senior Advancement Officer (Major Gifts Officer)
FLSA Status: exempt
Department: Mission Advancement
Classification: Full-Time, able to work remotely
Secure gifts to advance the mission of Christianity Today. Manage assigned qualified prospects and donors with the goal of cultivation, retention, and upgraded gifts and involvement with the ministry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- With the Executive Director of Communications & Development, identify prospective major donors ($5,000+) and planned gifts from Christianity Today’s donor database and other networks
- Maintain a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified prospective major donors and provide them with opportunities to invest in the mission of Christianity Today
- Travel to cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships, approximately 50% of time and 100 visits a year
- Actively participate in developing and customizing Christianity Today’s case statement and corresponding donor materials and proposals
- Keep thorough constituent records and create weekly reports to accurately reflect caseload activity, updates, and performance
- Creatively honor and show ministry appreciation for and impact of major donor’s generosity
- Develop proficiency in Raiser’s Edge fundraising database and Research Point prospect database
- Maintain a working knowledge of fundraising best practices, including major gifts, endowments, non-cash asset gifts, and planned giving
Qualifications Required: (Essential for the position)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years fundraising experience
- Major donor cultivation and proposal writing. Proven track record of building donor relationships that result in multiple annual gifts of $5,000+
- Christian nonprofit market experience
- Strong communicator. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position requires 50% travel
Qualifications Desired: (Desired but not required for the position)
- Raiser’s Edge donor management
- Familiarity and history with CT
Christianity Today is committed to building a thriving team that represents the racial and ethnic diversity of the North American church. To that end, applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply for open positions and internships.
In order to be considered, download the employment application form. Please email a saved, signed copy of the application, along with a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com; or fax a copy to 630-260-0114. In order to save correctly, the application must be downloaded via Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader for free.