Vice President and Publisher
Job Title: Vice President and Publisher, Church Resources Date: May 2017
Report to: Chief Operating Officer
Purpose: Provide strategic leadership for the publishing, editorial and marketing efforts related to the Church Law & Tax Group, SmallGroups.com, ChristianBibleStudies.com, and Men of Integrity.
Primary Job Functions: (Listed in order of importance)
1. Brand Stewardship. Ensure that each assigned brand maintains a clear identity and compelling focus that is relevant and valuable to the audience, all within the context of the mission, vision and cause of Christianity Today.
2. Marketing Leadership. Direct the marketing leaders and teams in developing and executing strategic marketing and sales plans, including new business development and customer retention for digital and print subscribers and product buyers; pricing and packaging strategies; and new distribution opportunities.
3. Editorial Oversight. Oversee the editorial leaders in establishing editorial direction and developing excellent content.
4. Financial Management. Develop and achieve annual budgets, monitoring performance and adjusting strategy so as to maximize revenue and net income.
5. Product Development. Determine creative, innovative solutions for new product development and audience expansion—leading the brands’ editorial and marketing teams in these efforts as well as working collaboratively with Technology, Marketing Operations & Analytics, Advertising and Production.
6. Corporate Leadership. Participate in corporate planning and decision making as a member of the Presidential Cabinet.
Job Qualification Requirements:
· Passion for and hands-on experience with local church ministry.
· Digital-first mindset in understanding audiences, creating content and products, and producing successful marketing campaigns. An aptitude for innovation and reinvention.
· 7 - 10 years’ experience in leading and inspiring teams toward successful product development and revenue growth.
· Strong strategic planning, financial management and analytical skills.
· Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to champion initiatives and motivate internal teams as well external clients and customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
In order to be considered, download the employment application form. Please email a saved, signed copy of the application, along with a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax a copy to 630-260-0114. In order to save correctly, the application must be downloaded via Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader for free.