Job Title: Computer Services Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology Classification: Professional
Reports to: Vice President of Technology & Operations Supervises: Computer Services Technician
Position Summary: Manage the Computer Services department to provide reliable technological services and support for Christianity Today staff.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Strong technology troubleshooting skills
- Rapid self-learning skills
- Prior management or team lead experience
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Applications
- Strong familiarity with IT Security concepts
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Take primary responsibility for core Network and Server functionality and administration.
- Supervise the Computer Services team members, providing guidance and setting expectations for communication and service quality.
- Work with other IT members to propose and implement technology solutions to enhance CT’s IT infrastructure.
- Work with the VP of Technology & Operations to ensure that Computer Services contributes to the corporate goals, both from a mission and financial perspective.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Technical competency
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Taking initiative to improve CT technology
- Commitment to CT ministry statement of faith and ministry values
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: while performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to handle, finger, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Usual office environment conditions.
- Annual performance evaluation for management professional
- Attainment of annual goals established by manager and incumbent