Are you naturally curious about the customer? Passionate about delivering a great brand experience?
Driven to create and implement effective multi-channel digital marketing campaigns? Look no further. You’re a great candidate for Christianity Today’s Ministry Resources team.
Working as part of the ChurchSalary.com team, you’ll partner with our content developer, UX designer, art director and publisher to coordinate all aspects of creating a memorable brand experience – thereby fostering meaningful long-term customer relationships. From digging into customer personas and web analytics to creating and managing engaging content marketing campaigns, you’ll play an active role in our success. Along the way, you’ll also be encouraged and empowered to bring a blend of innovative and tried-and-true strategies to life.
Better yet, you’ll be part of a team that’s collaborative, thoughtful, and creative. A team that’s shifting our internal culture to be customer-centric and digital-savvy. And one that’s truly serving the practical ministry needs of current and prospective customers.
Intrigued? Apply online today. We’re excited to hear from you.
ChurchSalary.com is a leading church compensation tool – offering church leaders the clarity they need to ensure fair pay and providing church staff with better understanding for how their pay compares.
This person will drive content marketing for ChurchSalary.com in order to generate and nurture leads, drive memberships, and foster customer loyalty. In identifying, testing, and implementing brand growth strategies, establishing SEO best practices, and leveraging available marketing channels/tools they will partner with the content producer and the rest of the team to deliver an exceptional experience for the ChurchSalary customer, thereby maximizing brand revenue. Solid marketing background plus creative copywriting skills are critical to long-term success. Design abilities a plus.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Generate innovative ideas for developing, executing, and deploying successful marketing campaigns that generate data and/or encourage membership. Using content marketing tools (e.g. email, social media, banners, SEM, landing pages, subscription forms, webinars, videos, blog posts, conferences, print, PPC, etc.), they will partner with the publisher and content developer to own implementation from idea through execution. Key to this is staying up-to-date on digital technologies. They will also partner with design to create world-class promotional materials that reach target audiences through compelling messages and cohesive visual presentation.
- Partner with the Content Developer to driver regular posts to the ChurchSalary blog, including developing and working toward a user-relevant content schedule. Together with the Content Developer, they will identify pain points, acquiring curated or created content that align with SEO best practices that drive visitors to either complete the survey or become members.
- Manage member communication plans including confirmation emails, membership communication emails, email automation, renewal emails, expire emails, and bill emails. It’s also critical to keep up-to-date with audience preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns. Basic HTML knowledge required.
- Implement an overarching webinar strategy, marketing each event to appropriate audiences. This person will also have the ability to host, as needed, as well as provide backend assistance during webinar events. Creating and implementing follow-up communications and promotions for each event will be critical in their success.
- Develop materials, coordinate logistics, and attend conferences for ChurchSalary.com—professionally representing the brand and Christianity Today through interactions with conference attendees/potential customers.
- Manage, develop and implement a social media strategy for ChurchSalary.com by identifying the best brand messaging, imagery, and timing for each platform. As part of this, they will plan the social media calendar based on the monthly content plan.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gaining insights and assessing against goals. This necessarily means analyzing customer behavior and adjusting marketing campaigns accordingly. Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics is necessary.
- Create and implement a membership revenue budget – developing a marketing budget that meets the overall marketing plan’s revenue objectives. A key task: analyzing variances between actual income results and budgeted projections on a monthly and annual basis, initiating corrective actions as necessary.
- Collaborate across teams (design, content, online, marketing ops, IT) to implement strategies and devise problem-solving solutions.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Tactical knowledge. A practical know-how on the key principles, best practices and current techniques for developing and implementing successful integrated content marketing campaigns.
- Future-focus. An enthusiasm for identifying, learning and implementing new tools, techniques and methods, and for building and delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Project management. Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills. Ability to track details and hit deadlines.
- Communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills, using concise, clear, appropriate language and structuring ideas clearly.
- Relational aptitude. A willingness to work across departments within the ministry, as well with external partners, through active listening and honest discourse, as well as adopting a win/win posture.
- Numbers experience. A comfort with developing and/or analyzing financial and customer data, in order to make informed decisions around brand marketing strategies and revenue goals.
- Education — Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Knowledge — Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, and financial software, social media marketing tools, SEO, HTML, Google Analytics, web design
- Experience — Three to five years of marketing experience, preferably in content marketing environments, with a proven ability to lead one’s self, manage myriad details and hit deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands:While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand;
sit; walk; use hands to handle, finger, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Usual office environment conditions