Are you naturally curious about the customer? Passionate about delivering a great brand experience? Driven to create and implement effective multi-channel digital marketing campaigns?
Look no further. You’re a great candidate for Christianity Today’s Ministry Resources team.
Working on PreachingToday.com and SmallGroups.com, you’ll partner with other marketers to coordinate all aspects of our customer relationships. From digging into customer personas and web analytics to creating and managing engaging marketing campaigns, you’ll play an active role in our success. Along the way, you’ll also be encouraged and empowered to craft both innovative and tried-and-true strategies.
Better yet, you’ll be part of a team that’s collaborative, thoughtful and creative. A team that’s shifting our internal culture to be customer-centric and digital-savvy. And one that’s truly serving the resource needs of current and prospective customers.
Intrigued? Apply online today. We’re excited to hear from you.
PreachingToday.com helps preachers thrive in their calling - offering thoughtful resources such as sermon illustrations, preaching articles, sermon ideas, preaching guides, outlines, graphics and more.
SmallGroups.com inspires life-transforming community in the local church by offering vital resources that equip small group directors and those they lead – from start to finish.
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Ministry Resources/PT & SG/Marketing
Supervisor: Brand Marketing Director; VP & Publisher
This person will serve in a tactical role within the Preaching Today and Small Groups marketing teams to generate revenue through website memberships and resource sales — embracing a customer-centric approach within the team and driving effective integrated marketing campaigns that meaningfully engage each brand’s audiences. Specifically, they will execute customer-centric digital marketing plans/campaigns aimed at:
- Driving new/renewal memberships for both PreachingToday.com (PT) and SmallGroups.com (SG)
- Driving sales of digital and hard good products for PT and SG
- Maximizing the effectiveness of PT and SG websites, eNewsletters, social media and webinars
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement marketing plans in order to meet or exceed budgeted sales goals for our core membership packages – as well as for each brand’s related resources
- Develop digital campaigns that lead to direct conversions to memberships or sales
- Write marketing copy for all marketing pieces
- Analyze campaign results and make recommendations to increase effectiveness
- Assist in the production, and marketing, of quarterly webinars
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Strategic – able to evaluate results and make proactive and responsive marketing-based plans
- Self-starter – motivated internally with the ability to track details and hit deadlines
- Administrative – highly organized with attention to detail
- Communicator – strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative – ability to work effectively with people at all levels
Qualifications Required – i.e., essential for the position
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field (alternative degree work may be acceptable depending on digital marketing experience/aptitude)
- Two years of marketing experience, ideally in a digital environment
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency in use of Microsoft Office and HTML/CSS
Qualifications Desired – i.e., desired but not required for the position
Besides being social media savvy, this person would ideally have familiarity with:
- Protestant local-church culture and staffing
- Email marketing tools (e.g. Klaviyo or MailChimp)
- SEO and SEM campaign tools (e.g. Google Ads and Facebook)
- Web analytics
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Collaborative tools (e.g. Monday.com)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands:While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand;
sit; walk; use hands to handle, finger, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Usual office environment conditions