Working at Christianity Today is a career as well as a calling. It’s an opportunity to collaborate with a passionate and dynamic team that stewards an extraordinary legacy – while also building something exciting and new.
Christianity Today was founded by Billy Graham in 1956. Over the course of more than 60 years, it has served to platform the very best of Christian thought, and to report on the events and trends shaping the future of Christianity and the future of the world. Today, it is rapidly expanding its global storytelling, pressing into new media, and deepening both its journalism and its thought leadership.
A new president and CEO began to serve the ministry on May 1, and now we are looking for an executive assistant who can help him focus on our most important strategic initiatives. You can learn more about him here and here.
Our vision is to make the church more beautiful and to make its beauty known. The person who takes this role will be critical to the achievement of that vision. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, brings order, loves to help execute on a plan, and loves to go to work each morning knowing that you are contributing to something that advances the kingdom of God, we hope to hear from you.
The individual in this position will perform a wide variety of administrative and organizational duties for the president and CEO, and may from time to time assist other members of the leadership team. Simpler responsibilities may include screening calls and emails, managing calendars, taking notes, and arranging food for meetings. More advanced responsibilities may include event planning, preparing reports, training and supervising other support staff, and serving as a liaison between the president and the board of directors.
A day in the life:
- Partner with the President and CEO to manage relationships with board members, donors, partners, and staff
- Manage the flow of correspondence and appointments
- Bring structure and execution to event plans, reports, and board duties
- Assist with planning domestic and international travel
- Join meetings (and occasionally trips) to bring organization and clarity through note-keeping, schedule management, etc.
- Develop and carry out efficient documentation and filing systems
- Assist with special projects upon request of CEO and executive staff
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- A person who is passionate about our work, and who possesses a heart for the church here and around the world
- A person who is highly proactive, not afraid to take initiative, and feels a keen sense of responsibility for his or her work
- A person who showed careful attention to detail and a determination that nothing should fall through the cracks
- A person who possesses the confidence, flexibility, kindness, and tactfulness it takes to handle the demands of executive management and relationship management with critical stakeholders
- A person who can be entrusted with confidential matters
- A person who is eager and quick to learn new tools and tackle new challenges
- Proficiency in English with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Full comprehension of office management systems and business procedures
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Skilled at operating (and learning) calendar, communications, and planning apps
- Up-to-date with advancements in office equipment, applications, and internet research skills
- An ability to travel to scheduled board meetings
Experience and Education
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or high-level administrator
- High school degree required, college degree preferred
- Sitting, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, visual acuity (near), visual accommodation, color vision. Work is performed in a typical office environment. Ability to move/carry/lift 1-20 pounds.