Job Title: HR Coordinator FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Technology and Operations Classification: Part-Time (20-25 hours)
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Position Summary: (Brief Summary Statement)
Responsible for administrative support to the HR Department by organizing and maintaining employee and applicant information, supporting effective delivery and maintenance of benefits programs, coordinating information related to compensation and review programs, and helping with selected corporate events.
Qualifications Required: (Essential for the position)
- High School diploma
- Organized, detail oriented and accurate
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Qualifications Desired: (Desired but not required for the position)
- Bachelor’s degree
- HR experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist HR Generalist in communicating with applicants and manage applicant tracking information.
- Organize and maintain employee files, benefits information, and other HR – related documents.
- Administer all benefit open enrollment information by appointed deadlines.
- Track and administer Health/LTD/FSA benefit-related enrollments and terminations, qualified changes. Coordinate changes with payroll Coordinator.
- Serve as primary HR contact for employee benefits questions, changes. Complete employee verifications of employment (VOE) upon request.
- Coordinate new and departing employee information in regards to staff blog, phone lists, org charts, hiring activity, and turnover information.
- Distribute review and compensation materials and monitor returns. Update compensation information and maintain current file of job descriptions.
- Maintain CT Employee Information Blog (employee announcements, photo directory, phone list)
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Education: High School Graduate, College Graduate and HR experience preferred
Knowledge/Skills: HR-related experience preferred. Organized, detail-oriented and accurate. Excellent communicator – verbal and written. Required to maintain confidentiality with sensitive and/or protected information. Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel.
Experience 0-1 years related experience with responsibility to work independently
Equipment Used: Personal computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, calculator, stapler.
Physical and Visual Activities:
Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job.
Sitting, climbing, reaching, talking, hearing, visual acuity (near), visual accommodation, color vision.
Environmental/atmospheric conditions commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job.
Usual office environmental conditions.
Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job.
Ability to move/lift/carry up to 15 lbs.
*“Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
All requirements are open to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.