Are you passionate about delivering a great brand experience? Naturally curious about your customers? Driven to execute and market meaningful webinars and events?
Look no further. You’ve found the right team with Christianity Today’s Ministry Resources group.
Working across our core product lines (PreachingToday.com, SmallGroups.com, ChurchLawAndTax.com, and ChurchSalary.com), you’ll partner with fellow marketers and content developers to coordinate all aspects of digital and live events to drive membership and foster customer loyalty. From implementing an overarching webinar, podcast and event strategy to creating and managing engaging event marketing campaigns, you’ll be encouraged – and empowered – to identify and leverage a blend of innovative and tried-and-true approaches to serving church leaders.
Better yet, you’ll be part of a team that’s collaborative, thoughtful and creative, and that’s shifting our internal culture to be customer-centric and digital-savvy – all while truly serving the resource needs of current and prospective customers.
Intrigued? Apply online today. We’re excited to hear from you.
This person will be responsible for executing and promoting webinars, podcasts, conferences, and other events for the CT Resources teams. These events are designed to generate awareness, drive memberships and foster member loyalty. A solid event marketing background – in both digital and public environments – is critical to long-term success. Familiarity with Zoom, other digital event platforms, and podcast apps is necessary. Creative design/copywriting/video editing abilities a plus.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Partner with our strategy team to spearhead our events strategy and execution – including planning, executing, promoting, and hosting webinars, other digital experiences, and/or live events, as well as participation in trade shows.
- Implement an overarching strategy for free and premium webinars, marketing each event to relevant audiences. This person will manage webinar schedules, build webinar registration landing pages, create email communications, design promotional images for the webinars, prepare presentation slides, and explore ways to expand webinar reach through social media channels.
- Record and edit event content, including trimming videos, creating/adding graphics, splicing content, and publishing video recordings/clips on our sites and social channels. This person may also be required to host/moderate webinars, and will likely provide back-end assistance during webinar events – troubleshooting and responding to customer inquiries. Creating and implementing follow-up communications and promotions for each event will be critical in their success.
- Plan, execute, and handle all aspects of conference sponsorships, including developing promotional materials/displays, coordinating logistics, making payments, travel arrangements, preparing exhibit space, and attending national or local conferences — professionally representing the brand and Christianity Today through positive interactions with conference attendees/potential customers.
- Develop new and innovative ways to share podcasts across platforms and measure their success. Ensure podcast ads are run across our owned and operated sites and regularly track their impact. Develop audio ads for podcasts to promote our memberships and/or products.
- Assist in generating innovative ideas for developing, executing, and deploying successful event marketing campaigns using relevant tools. It’s key that this person stays up to date with digital marketing and event technology, and that they can create world-class promotional materials that appeal to target audiences through compelling messages and a cohesive visual presentation (in collaboration with our design team).
- Lead strategic planning of the annual and quarterly events calendar and budget, in partnership with our strategy team, marketing director, and relevant content editors.
- Measure and report on the performance of event marketing campaigns, gaining insights and assessing against goals. They will also analyze customer behavior – through both objective and subjective inputs – and adjust marketing campaigns accordingly.
- Collaborate across teams (marketing, UX/design, content, website, IT) to implement strategies and devise problem-solving solutions.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Tactical knowledge. A firm understanding of event marketing strategy and operations, and validated experience executing best-in-class events.
- Project management. Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills. Ability to track details and hit deadlines.
- Communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills, using concise, clear, appropriate language and structuring ideas clearly.
- Relational aptitude. Enjoys interacting and dialoguing with people within a collaborative team environment, working readily across departments within the ministry as well as with external partners, through active listening, honest discourse, and a win/win posture. Also, this person is comfortable representing the ministry in public settings.
- Future-focus. Genuine enthusiasm for identifying, learning, and implementing new tools, techniques and methods, and for building and delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Analysis. Comfortable with developing and/or analyzing customer and/or financial data to make informed decisions around brand marketing strategies and revenue goals.
- Education — Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Knowledge — Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, HTML web design, Zoom, and Google Analytics.
- Experience — Two to five years of marketing experience preferably in a digital event marketing environment, working in the planning and production of webinars or hybrid/virtual conferences.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands:While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to handle, finger, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Usual office environment conditions.
PreachingToday.com helps preachers thrive in their calling - offering thoughtful resources such as sermon illustrations, preaching articles, sermon ideas, preaching guides, outlines, graphics and more.
SmallGroups.com inspires life-transforming community in the local church by offering vital resources that equip small group directors and those they lead – from start to finish.
ChurchLawAndTax.com resources church leaders so they can lead their ministry with confidence. From articles, downloads and books from respected experts to videos, executive summaries and infographics, we provide accurate, timely and trustworthy information that church leaders can depend on.
ChurchSalary.com helps ensure that church staff is paid fairly. An online resource for lead pastors to admins and board leaders to professionals, our trustworthy, intuitive, personalized tool generates detailed compensation reports based on national data - making it easier than ever to determine equitable staff compensation and/or evaluate how your pay compares.