Are you naturally curious about your customers? Passionate about delivering a great brand experience in a digital-first environment? Driven to manage a growing online store that leverages marketing insights grounded in key analytics?
Look no further. You’ve found the right team with Christianity Today’s Ministry Resources group.
Working on our core brands of ChurchLawAndTax.com and ChurchSalary.com, you’ll manage the development and marketing of our E-Commerce site, ChurchLawAndTaxStore.com. Whether working with authors, editors and designers to identify product opportunities, or executing digital marketing campaigns that drive store traffic and product sales, you’ll be encouraged – and empowered – to cultivate a blend of innovative as well as tried-and-true strategies.
Better yet, you’ll be part of a team that’s collaborative, thoughtful and creative, and that’s shifting our internal culture to be customer-centric and digital-savvy – all while truly serving the resource needs of current and prospective customers.
Intrigued? Apply online today. We’re excited to hear from you.
ChurchLawAndTax.com resources church leaders – pastors, executive pastors, admins, treasurers, elders, committee members, and law and finance professionals – so they can lead their ministry with confidence. From articles, downloads and books from respected experts to videos, executive summaries and infographics, we provide accurate, timely and trustworthy information that church leaders can depend on.
ChurchSalary.com helps ensure that church staff is paid fairly. An online resource for lead pastors to admins and board leaders to professionals, our trustworthy, intuitive, personalizable tool generates detailed compensation reports based on national data - making it easier than ever to determine equitable staff compensation and/or evaluate how your pay compares.
Job Title: Marketing Associate — E-Commerce FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Ministry Resources/CLT/Marketing Classification: F/T
Supervisor: Marketing Manager
This person will be responsible for overseeing the Church Law & Tax online store, developing strategies for growth and leveraging marketing tools to maximize store/product sale revenues under the umbrella of promoting an exceptional customer experience. Solid marketing background, with experience in and aptitude for driving a B2B e-commerce platform, is critical to long-term success. Creative design/writing abilities a plus.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Generate innovative ideas, develop, execute, and deploy successful marketing campaigns using all necessary tools (e.g. website, emails, social media, banners, SEM, landing pages, webinars, videos, blog posts, conferences, product inserts/flyers, etc.) and owning the implementation from idea to execution. Also, create world-class promotional materials to appeal to target audiences by writing compelling messages and working with the design team for a cohesive visual presentation.
- Manage e-commerce store including adding and updating product details, crafting descriptions, uploading images, scheduling promotions, creating coupons, tracking inventory, overseeing fulfillment, monitoring payment methods, evaluating shipping options, performing analysis, keeping to SEO best practices, and making store improvements on the Big Commerce platform. Plus, maintain multi-channel selling through Amazon.
- Manage product marketing strategies including understanding internal and external influences on sales, elements of successful product launch, navigating the product life cycle, packaging, inventory management, pricing strategy and advertising.
- Design and implement email marketing campaigns and triggered email flows through Klaviyo, identify target audiences and grow email list, proofread emails, ensure mobile-friendly email templates, update email templates, analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements, report on sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts, and ensure emails follow industry best practices. Basic HTML knowledge required.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gaining insights and assessing against goals. Analyze customer behavior and adjust marketing campaigns accordingly. Familiarity with Google Analytics is necessary.
- Create and implement a product revenue budget, and a marketing budget, that meets the overall marketing plan’s revenue objectives. Analyze variances between actual income results and budgeted projections on a monthly and annual basis, initiating corrective actions as necessary.
- Collaborate across teams (design, editorial, IT) to implement strategies and devise problem-solving solutions.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Tactical knowledge. A practical know-how on the key principles, best practices and current techniques for developing and implementing successful integrated marketing campaigns, and related work
- Future-focus. An enthusiasm for identifying, learning and implementing new tools, techniques and methods, for building and delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Project management. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills. Ability to track details and hit deadlines.
- Numbers experience. A comfort with developing and/or analyzing both financial and customer data, enabling them to make informed decisions around brand marketing strategies and revenue goals
- Communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills. Using concise, clear, appropriate language and structuring ideas clearly.
- Relational aptitude. An willingness to work across departments within the ministry, as well with external partners, through active listening and honest discourse, and adopting a win/win posture
- Education — Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Knowledge — Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, and financial software, social media marketing tools, SEO, HTML, Google Analytics
- Experience — Two years of marketing experience in traditional and digital marketing environments, with an emphasis in ecommerce
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands:While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand;
sit; walk; use hands to handle, finger, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Usual office environment conditions