Are you a strategic thinker, with a curiosity to dig into campaign results and better understand your customer? Would you enjoy working with a small, collaborative team and developing new strategies for increasing sales and better serving existing clients?
If so, you might be the perfect candidate for Marketing & Communications Strategist – a new role created within CT’s advertising team.
This role has been designed to improve the client-facing communications and marketing strategy for Christianity Today’s advertising department. As Strategist, you will lead the team in sales analysis and lead generation strategies, helping create and leverage a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) for targeted communications and tracking of sales trends. In addition to generating new business leads, you will also develop strategies for growth into untapped market segments and recommend strategies for better serving CT’s existing advertising clients across a variety of industries.
As head of marketing communications, you will also work closely with the larger advertising team to improve promotional language and marketing materials across all available platforms and promotional formats, including email, direct mail, conferences and events, and other digital media channels.
About Christianity Today
Since 1956, Christianity Today has been a trusted beacon spotlighting the way in which Christians can live gospel lives for the strengthening of church and society.
Christianity Today consistently demonstrates through all its media how the true, good, and beautiful gospel can not only transform lives but bring hope and flourishing to individuals, cultures, and communities. This movement now directly reaches more than five million Christian leaders every month.
Christianity Today advocates for the church, shapes the evangelical conversation, brings important issues to the forefront, and provides practical solutions for church leaders. Your work as part of the Advertising department will help sustain CT’s ministry efforts for years to come, and help connect CT’s audience with like-minded, Kingdom-oriented ministries and organizations that will help CT readers live, work and serve more effectively.
Primary Responsibilities for this role:
- Work closely with the advertising team to drive new business growth and improve client communications via targeted advertising promotion, testing and optimizing client-facing marketing materials, including but not limited to:
- The advertising website, media kit, rate cards, email marketing, printed materials, and industry-specific info packets.
- Manage CT’s advertising promotion on outside channels, including PPC and social media
- Oversee market research efforts to obtain demographics and statistical information on all publications (print and digital) and websites.
- Be the “go to” person for implementation and use of the advertising team’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, providing actionable insights and marketing strategies, including:
- Developing custom dashboards for sales analysis and communication status
- Creating weekly qualified lead reports for specific advertising opportunities and client categories
- Developing targeted communications for automated emails and sequential mailings
- Work closely with the Director of Ad Operations & Partnerships to explore new ad formats in order to better serve advertising clients and readers, improving user engagement
- Perform competitive research and stay up to date on industry trends, keeping CT on the leading edge of new advertising technologies and user experience
- Represent Christianity Today at relevant industry conferences and events
- 5+ years related experience
- Degree (BA level) equivalent or MBA
- strong project management and organizational skills; ability to interpret and apply analytics;
- Knowledge of evangelical Protestant theology, church, and culture.
- A self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to drive productivity and maximize sales effectiveness
- Effective presentation skills (sales, product or customer engagement)
- Understanding of customer’s decision-making process, goals, objectives and strategies
- Well organized, with good time management skills to plan and prioritize workload and demands
- Ability to develop strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills, especially in listening and speaking
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Sales or Marketing experience; demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Spiritual Maturity – You strive to represent Christ in all you do, aiming to give God the glory for every success and relying on Him to overcome challenges.
- Self-Motivated - You have a consistent drive to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Intellectual Curiosity - You have an innate desire to learn and understand concepts and ask thoughtful questions, taking initiative to develop areas of expertise and knowledge.
- Critical thinking - You are able to find and synthesize information, apply logic to problems and quickly analyze to provide a recommended course of action.
- Coachability - You are humble, acknowledging your own strengths and weaknesses, and willing to accept feedback and adapt accordingly