Are you a strategic thinker with a drive to continuously optimize and improve the user experience? Would you enjoy working with a small, collaborative team to develop innovative strategies for member engagement and retention?
If so, you might be the perfect fit for Christianity Today’s Membership Marketing Specialist – a new role within the CT marketing team.
As Membership Marketing Specialist, you will work closely with the editorial and design teams to launch compelling marketing campaigns via social media, PPC, video and podcasts – often testing new site features and member perks for added value.
Your primary goal in this work will be to create greater value and sense of community for CT members around the world, and your efforts will make an immediate difference through CT’s growing Kingdom impact and engagement.
About Christianity Today
Since 1956, Christianity Today has been a trusted beacon spotlighting the way in which Christians can live gospel lives for the strengthening of church and society.
Christianity Today advocates for the church, shapes the evangelical conversation, brings important issues to the forefront, and provides practical solutions for church leaders. This movement now directly reaches nearly five million Christian leaders each month.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
Subscription Marketing (70%)
- Work closely with CT’s marketing and design teams to develop, implement and review promotional strategies and marketing plans for CT and associated projects. This includes managing and implementing the annual marketing calendar.
- Use of A/B testing software to optimize ChristianityToday.com via end-of-article prompts, newsletter growth strategies, affiliate promotions, and subscription pages.
- Perform quarterly site audits for user-experience and site sections to maximize engagement, using behavioral and A/B testing software to analyze data and site usage, making recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Develop and manage CT lead gen initiatives including outside partnerships
Email, Social & Search Engine Marketing (30%)
- Oversee and develop a dynamic paid marketing social media strategy.
- Develop and implement content marketing plans to improve SEO, PPC conversion, and email newsletter sign-ups for CT magazine and related projects by providing performance analysis and recommending strategic shifts as needed.
- Create and maintain user onboarding flows and retention/renewal efforts for newsletters, magazine subscribers, and e-commerce efforts.
- Collaborate with advertising and publishing teams on the strategic use of advertising promotional space, marketing strategy, and development to maximize reach and conversion.
- 3-5 years related experience in marketing or UX engagement
- Degree (BA level) equivalent or MBA
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to interpret and apply analytics.
- Knowledge of evangelical Protestant theology, church, and culture.
- Background in managing paid social media/PPC efforts.
- E-commerce experience preferred, especially use of Shopify storefront.
- Experience working with marketing software, preferably Active Campaign, AB testing software, and conversational marketing tools.
- Experience using analytics software, including Google Analytics and HotJar.
- Product/marketing design, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and html editing.
- Spiritual Maturity – You strive to represent Christ in all you do, aiming to give God the glory for every success and relying on Him to overcome challenges.
- Self-Motivated - You have a consistent drive to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Intellectual Curiosity - You have an innate desire to learn and understand concepts and ask thoughtful questions, taking initiative to develop areas of expertise and knowledge.
- Critical thinking - You are able to find and synthesize information, apply logic to problems and quickly analyze to provide a recommended course of action.
- Coachability - You are humble, acknowledging your own strengths and weaknesses, and willing to accept feedback and adapt accordingly