FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sandra Hoekstra-Lower
Phone: 630-260-6200 x4224
Carol Stream, IL April 13, 2017 - April is Child Abuse Prevention month, and we are reminded of the many children who have suffered from abuse. Churches should be the safest place on earth, yet according to church legal expert Richard Hammar, child sexual abuse allegations continue to be the number one reason churches end up in court.
The good news is churches can decrease the likelihood of a child being harmed and reduce the possibility of costly allegations by implementing an abuse awareness program like Reducing the Risk. Created by noted legal expert Richard Hammar, J.D., LL.M., CPA, this established program, used by thousands of churches, includes everything needed to train pastors, staff members, and volunteer leaders every year with confidence and ease.
Video and training resources walk participants through an effective screening and selection process, common supervision scenarios that require thoughtful decisions, and insights on best practices that can most effectively reduce vulnerabilities.
- Closed-captioned videos (English)—NEW.
- Nine newly-edited training videos to further help viewers retain what they've learned.
- Stream-lined Leader's Guide to easily facilitate training—complete with sample training schedules, group discussion questions, and key points of emphasis for the training day.
- Updated Trainee Workbook featuring activities, discussion questions, and resources to help participants immediately apply the training.
- Electronically fillable screening forms—avoid the hassle of distributing paper forms to participants or dealing with illegible handwriting.
- All support materials in a PDF format—print as many or as few as you need, or share them electronically within your church.
- Insights and practical tips from leaders in the insurance and legal professions on liability concerns and how to set wise ministry policy guidelines.
Christianity Today is a nonprofit, global media ministry centered on Beautiful Orthodoxy—strengthening the church by richly communicating the breadth of the true, good, and beautiful gospel. Reaching over four million people monthly with various digital and print resources, the ministry equips Christians to renew their minds, serve the church, and create culture to the glory of God.