Top 10 Articles of 2012
Is it just me that's fascinated by end-of-year lists? The best news stories of the year. The top trends of the year. Fascinating people of the year. Best sports moments from the year. And the lists go on and on. These lists are popular because our curiosity is piqued, and we want to see the best from the year.
Many of our Christianity Today brands have their own end-of-year lists, but I thought it would be interesting to take a look at what were the most-read articles from around our ministry—compiling data from our ministry's more than dozen brands. This list is based on the number of pageviews per article.
Only 40% of the articles on this top 10 list were articles published in 2012. With tens of thousands of articles across our network, there's a vast amount of accessible content and we perennially see some of the same content continuing to be popular. For example, that's the case with numbers 8, 5, and 1 from our list.
Out of our top 10 of 2012, 60% of the articles were from our flagship publication, Christianity Today. Four of our other brands were represented on the list with one article each in the top 10.
And, now, our top articles of 2012.
10. The Second Coming Christ Controversy - from Christianity Today
David Jang has become an increasingly influential figure in Asian and now American evangelicalism. He and his followers have founded media outlets and a Christian college and are key influencers in the World Evangelical Alliance. But many say he leads a group that has encouraged the belief that he's the 'Second Coming Christ.' Is there any truth to the allegations?
by Ted Olsen and Ken Smith
9. What Will Heaven Be Like? - from ChristianBibleStudies.com
Thirty-five frequently asked questions about eternity.
by Peter Kreeft
8. Christian Sex Rules - from Today's Christian Woman
A guide to what's allowed in the bedroom.
by Louis and Melissa McBurney
7. The Case for Early Marriage - from Christianity Today
Amid our purity pledges and attempts to make chastity hip, we forgot to teach young Christians how to tie the knot.
by Mark Regnerus
6. 'Machine Gun Preacher' Under Heavy Fire - from Christianity Today
Sam Childers, subject of a new movie, is accused of neglecting children at his orphanage in South Sudan.
by Mark Moring
5. Top Ten Jesus Movies - from Christianity Today
They've been making films about the Son of God for over a century. Here's one man's list of those that ascend to the top of the cinematic pack.
by Peter T. Chattaway
4. When Are We Going to Grow Up? The Juvenilization of American Christianity - from Christianity Today
We're all adolescents now.
by Thomas E. Bergler
3. Clothing Matters: What We Wear to Church - from Christianity Today
Why what we put on may be more important than we think.
by Duane Litfin
2. Going To Hell with Ted Haggard - from Leadership Journal
What I learned about grace and redemption through my friendship with a Christian pariah.
by Michael Cheshire
1. Diary of an Anorexic - from IgniteYourFaith.com
A poor self-image. A low self-esteem. A loss of control. That was me.
by Christy Heitger-Casbon